There are sayings and quotes especially written to describe the goodness of this lovely fruit. Apples have many vital nutrients in adequate quantity. This is the reason why most nutritionists advise having an apple each day. If you do not like whole apples, you can even have them in the form of juice. Readymade juices are loaded with nothing but preservatives and sugars. Instead, try making it at home to keep the nutrients intact.Here’s how you can enjoy homemade apple juice:
- 4 Medium Size Apples
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
How To Prepare?
- Wash the apples. Peel and de-seed them.
- Cut them into pieces. Put in a vessel.
- Add sugar and water.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and make a smooth puree.
- Store in a dry airtight container and refrigerate.
- You can store apple juice in the form of ice cubes too.
- Consumption of apples ensures a healthy heart. They have antioxidants, polyphenol, and flavonoids. Also, apples have an abundance of potassium which is an essential mineral required for a good cardiac functioning.
- The flavonoids in apples prevent asthma attacks and also makes your lungs strong. Regular intake of apples helps the lungs function well.
- Alkaline properties in apples are good for maintaining the pH levels of the body. Alkalinity in them helps destroy the harmful toxins and waste products from the body thereby improving your digestive system.
- There are a number of additional nutrients in apples such as vitamin C, iron, boron all of which are great for strong bones and teeth.
- An apple or a glass of apple juice when consumed daily, helps lower the levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Vitamin C boosts the immune system by combating germs and bacteria in the body.
- Having apples gives relief in constipation and digestive disorders.
- Along with vitamin C, apples also contain a sufficient amount of vitamin A which is excellent for improving vision/eyesight.
Image Source: slidesharecdn.com