Guidelines For a Healthy Diet:
Hi readers, people might instruct you to eat something in order to be healthy but there’s a secret, you can eat anything (except junk or anything that has been denied by doctor) until unless it is in limit and the nutritional values are also considered. Other than this, following pointers can also be considered while having your meal:
- Enjoy your food- know what you are eating and savor every mouthful.
- Eat a variety of different foods.
- Have the right amount of food to remain healthy.
- Consume foods rich in starch and fiber.
- Take in plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Cut down on saturated fats.
- Don’t have sugary foods and drinks too often.
- Drink plenty of water.
Different People Need Different amount of Food:
- The amount of food we need daily depends on our age, body size, activity level, gender, and if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Different people require different amount of food (calories) in the range of 1200 – 3000 K Cal.
- Vegetables and legumes/beans.
- Grains (cereal) mostly wholegrain and/or high cereal fiber varieties.
- Meat and poultry, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds.
- Milk and milk products.
Our Food Intake Comprises of:
- Major meals, snacks, and liquids should contain a variety of vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients which are essential for our overall well-being.
- If people pursue balanced diets, their bodies will become healthy and robust.
A Balanced Diet:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Bread, other cereals and potatoes – Choose wholegrain varieties (wheat, jowar, oats, maize) to make sure you get plenty of fiber.
- Milk and dairy foods – These foods are a rich source of calcium and proteins.
- Chicken, meat and fish – Eat a good variety of the foods in this group as they are a rich source of proteins.
- Salt – Normal intake of salt for an adult should be 6-8 gms per day.